03 May 2010

Babbling.

Photobucket
As I sat and watched the little eighth graders get confirmed (became members and had their first communion) at St. Paul yesterday, I realized something. I realized that I do really want to help at SP still. I still want to coach those girls in volleyball, and make the youth group stronger. I want to chaperone them to Michigan's Adventure in the next month or so, and I want to recruit them to events like Battlecry and National Youth Gathering. I remember a lot of those kids being born. I remember having to watch them in my mom's classroom after school sometimes. I feel attached to these kids, like a nanny.
I don't know what all this means, but its just been super weird for me lately.
Chris asked me again if I was going to be on the youth board. I told him I was thinking about it. CUAA is looking WAY out of the picture right now, and GVSU just doesn't feel right anymore; I don't feel excited anymore about the idea of going away. I guess I am just a homebody. And just because I am possibly staying home, doesn't mean I am going to amount to nothing. I can still do things that are worthwhile and important to me. I don't need big cities, scholarships, mountains, Jeeps, major universities, boyfriends, or anything of those sorts to make me into something awesome. I can stay here and go to Mott or U of M Flint and just do what I do best. I can stay here and coach volleyball, sell cookies, take up psychology or writing, and help run a youth group. That doesn't bother me that much. Sure, I won't get some of the awesome experiences, but I will still get to do the things I like the most, and I think that is more important to me.
Other than that...
This whole being around Josh is getting better. It was only awkward at small group today until the other people showed up. I think Chris and Liz notice that things may feel a little weird to me, but I try to think nothing of it. We had three new people join today, and they are pretty cool. They are Dallas (23), Max (21), and Amy (18). They were all super outgoing and pretty cool people. They all were homeschooled, and even have a younger sister who is fourteen. Dallas and Max never went to college. Dallas is a mechanic out in Millington, and Max works for Bronner's seasonally. He is currently laid off until June, and will work until December. Weird season, I know. Amy is still a high schooler, and I don't know her plans for college, because Dallas started talking to me, but I know she wants to start coming to game nights, and she was super glad to find out that we were both the same age. I said I have been the youngest the whole time and so I was glad too. Then Liz jumped in and said that we don't treat you like the youngest, that would be Josh. I had to laugh at this, simply because Josh wasn't listening. Haha sucka.
Okay, anyways, that was a tad randomness about people you guys don't care about haha. Just thought I would update, simply because new people in SP stuff doesn't happen so often, at least not in this age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment