04 July 2009

Yesterday Gave Me The Warm Fuzzily Feeling

Photobucket
LAST NIGHT WAS AWESOME.
I'm going go ahead and say that last night was one of the awesomest bonfires I've had in the longest time. No one was sad about anything, I wasn't upset about anything. It was all very good. So many people came to me last night and said that last night was awesome. Pat myself on the back!
There was however the issue of the fireworks hahahaha!
We were only allowed to set off one, just one. We did so, being good obedient children. I called my dad to see if we could send off another, and he said no, so we did what most teenagers would do: disobey. Drew, Katie, Fry, Annie, and I all proceeded to hop the fence, run to the middle of the field, and set off another mortar. We laughed at our awesomeness as we hopped the fence back into my yard, and nonchalantly headed back towards the party. Immediately I asked drew to get a rocket. I found a pipe/rod to set the rocket off in, and Katie, Annie, Drew, and I headed back to the spot in the field. We hopped the fence at a different spot, and waited along the boundary lines for Drew to run back when he lit the rocket. Then, I get a call from Carla saying, "By the way, your dad is in the backyard, and I think he is looking for you." Oh shit. I look up and Drew has the lighter lit, and is reaching for the rocket. "DREW, DON'T LIGHT IT! MY DAD IS OUTSIDE!" He pocketed the lighter, and ran back to where we were sitting. We waited and waited for Carla to call us back, saying that my dad was no longer outside, and we were free to light the last explosive for the night, but there was no word. Then Dani called and asked us where we were. We heard her and Alexis laughing about God knows what just on the opposite side of the fence from us. We laughed in whispers as I told her to steal her car and go buy food with Katie's money. Katie sat pouting at the plan, but she knew it was the only way to get her sister quiet. We waited a couple more minutes before I called Carla back. Carla told me that my dad was still waiting in the backyard, so Katie and I went to find an opening in the fence, so we could go and relieve my dad of his fatherly duties. I was the first to hop the fence, so of course I was going to make the most noise. First the fence breaks under me, causing my leg to get caught, and making me tumble head first in to a thorn bush. During this whole process, I whisper very loudly a string of bad words. Then I had to help pull Katie out of the thorns. She also said "shit" for every other word. We begin to laugh at our clumsiness and walk towards the bonfire, and I see my dad step out of the deeply shaded bushes. Shit. He asks what we are doing, and I answer just talking. He then asked me to get the other people to quiet down, and get everyone from the other side of the bench, now. I send Katie to shut Alexis and Dani up, and i grab Annie and Drew from the field, head over to Carla and Bri, and freak out at how much trouble I'm in. Come to find out, no trouble at all. Thank God.
Last night was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment