15 November 2009

I just want them to be happy.

World_Map_Antique Pictures, Images and Photos
I only have a short time left. Well, quite a bit of time, a year, but that seems so short seeing as how well I have known these two people. They pretty much mean the world to me, and now they are about to disappear. Okay, that was kind of dramatic, but it sort of feels like it. They are off to do bigger and better things, and I am stuck here, craving to take Philosophy and English classes as they go to make the world a better place somewhere far from me.
One is about to take a leap in to the great north. Into the beautiful nature that is part of northern Michigan. She will be at least six hours away from me, just far enough for it to make it difficult to get to her. When I get a job, it will be near impossible. Luckily we will still have technology that will allow us to communicate, but that is clearly not the same as hanging out to go take random pictures of exciting (or not so exciting) places. She will no longer be 5 minutes away from me, and I can't go see her at odd hours of the day, or pursue lacrosse (if that still held some motivation for me). This is what she wants though, to get away and experience the true college life, and I'm okay with that.
The other is about to head into the world of the Navy. THE NAVY. He knows I don't like, but he knows I'm still here for him. He could be as close as Ann Arbor, or as far as Ohio State, Purdue, or Notre Dame. He will basically fall off the face of the Earth for a year when he goes into training when he is done with classes. His mom even told him that I would be the only one who would still be waiting here for him. Yeah, he is my best friend, so I think I would still be here for him, no matter how far he goes. He can't expect me to follow him though, unless he gets committed. He knows what I want, or think I want, and he knows that he will have to do something about it if he wants me to keep giving him moral support as he joins the ranks of the armed forces. This is what he wants though, to get away and experience what his dad has, and I'm okay with that.
This all hit me last night, and so I think it will only get worse as they both get ready to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment