29 November 2009

Updates Anyone?

So, it feels like it has been a while since there has been a little update. So here I go.
This past weekend was pretty decent. Thanksgiving turned out to be amazing. I had dinner with my family, and proceeded to have dessert at Cam's house with his family. I met his dad's twin brother, Mark and his wife, whose name I don't remember, his grandparent's, his great uncle, and his cousins Caroline and Ethan, who were around Joel and Ian's age. Caroline was the cutest thing ever! Cam's uncle Mark made me feel SUPER weird, and I could tell that he was the super cocky twin ( I was forewarned by Cam that that might be the case). The night wore on, and it was a lot of fun.
Friday, I spent the evening with Bri. We went to see people get piercings, and then she got some of her own. Then we proceeded to dye my hair; something I was totally geeked about at first. The problem was, we bought too light of a hair color, so I looked like Ariel from The Little Mermaid when we were finished. It was a nightmare! I freaked out the whole night, because it wasn't the color I wanted, and it just sucked. So I set an alarm for the early morning, so that Bri and I could go back out and do my hair again before I had to go back home at 10am. We got the color I had initially wanted, and drenched my hair in it so that I could get rid of the red. Most people have liked it so far. I kind of feel like it's not really me, but I will live with it, and when it is time to fix it, we shall see what I want to do next. I guess this means I need to get a picture up for you Jana, so that you can see what it looks like haha.
Saturday was of course bonfire day, and that was a blast. Normally my bonfires start at 7, but this time I figure I should start it at 5 so that we could still have light to play frisbee. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks, because most people didn't show up until around 7 anyways. It was alright though, because it literally took Cam and I 45 minutes to light the fire due to dampness and freezing cold temperatures. The party was a lot of fun though. It was mostly just catching up and reminiscing, and then even more joking around. Overall, a very good night.
Today was mostly just me having aching knees and being greatly annoyed. It's days like these that I REALLY wish I was living on my own, in my own apartment. Grrr parents! We went to early church, even though the bonfire went kind of late last night, and then we went out to breakfast, Birch Run, and Frankenmuth for Laura's birthday. I managed to buy another ornament to add to my collection- a viking this year haha. My mom was just on my case the whole time of course, because I didn't want to go to game night at church, and would rather go hang out with Cam and do my homework. So told me I could be over there for 4 hours, and had to be home, or I would lose the car, because she wanted to decorate the tree tonight. So I went to Cam's, and it wasn't that great because he wasn't feeling well, and just was kind of in a bad mood the whole time. I left there kind of annoyed for wasting my time, and made it home to find out that we weren't doing the tree anymore. My mom always manages to find a way to piss me off! Oh well, I shall be out of the stupid place soon...I hope.
Next weekend should be a ton more interesting due to the fact that I have no choice but to attend my mother's staff party. Oh Joy.

1 comment: